Our Story > Our Programs > Rosemary Bishop Scholarship
The Rosemary Bishop Indigenous Education Scholarship Program
All Yalari students are recipients of the Rosemary Bishop Indigenous Education Scholarship, which is funded by support from a large group of individuals, organisations, companies, philanthropic foundations and government departments.
Yalari's Founding Director, Waverley Stanley named the secondary scholarship program in honour of his teacher who had supported him in gaining a scholarship opportunity to attend Toowoomba Grammar School in Queensland.
Each year, Yalari offers up to 50 full boarding school scholarships. Scholarships are reviewed annually and, all being well, continues for a student's entire secondary school education.
Our scholarships are available for Indigenous children from regional, rural and remote communities throughout Australia who are commencing Year 7.
The selection of our scholars is based on:
- Academic effort and school references
- Primary school attendance rates
- Participation in leadership, sport and extracurricular activities at school and in their communities
- Family support to attend boarding school
- Performance in interviews with Yalari staff and school staff
- Drive and commitment to complete schooling to Year 12.
Learn more - Scholarship Q&A
If you have any queries or questions, our Student Support team will be happy to assist you. Please call (07) 5665 8688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.