Scholarship Inclusions & Costs
Yalari will pay for the following items as part of the agreed arrangements for the recipients of the Rosemary Bishop Indigenous Education Scholarship Program.
For students selected to be Boarders, Yalari will cover the following expenses (please read carefully):
- Boarding Fees – Yalari will cover the financial difference between the ABSTUDY designated allowance and the scheduled boarding fees.
- Tuition Fees – Yalari will cover the financial difference between the ABSTUDY designated allowance and the scheduled tuition fees.
- Uniforms – Yalari will cover the cost of the purchase of the required school summer and winter uniforms. For the first year of the scholarship recipients are entitled to new uniforms. Following years second hand uniforms in good condition may be allocated if sizes are available.
- Textbooks – Yalari will cover the cost of the purchase/hire of the required textbook requirements.
- Laptop Hire – Yalari will cover the necessary laptop computer hire fees. However the responsibility for any loss or damage to the laptop will be met financially by the Parents/Guardians.
The Parents/Guardians of the students selected as boarders will be required to pay (please read carefully):
- Parent/Guardian Contribution of $600 per year ($150 per term)
- Stationery (school books, pens, pencils, rulers etc)
- Pocket money for the students (Yalari recommends $20 per week)
- Credit for mobile phones.
- Personal toiletries for the students.
- Purchase of any non-uniform personal clothing and accessories.
- Excursions, school camps or specific sporting commitments.
- School photographs
- Musical equipment hire
- Personal and specific sporting equipment, e.g. football boots, swimming goggles, cricket bats etc (excluding school sports uniform)
The Parents/Guardians of the students selected as boarders who do not qualify for Abstudy will be required to contribute $5000 towards the scholarship each year.